Two men in Manila, Philippines, became the first Stupid People of the Day for 2006 after killing themselves by ingesting fireworks.
Health Secretary Francisco Duque said two other people have died from ingesting a deadly brand of fireworks several days prior to New Year’s eve and appeared to be cases of suicide. — DPA
The two fatalities were both mentally disturbed adult males who swallowed firecrackers, it said. — AFP
You’re supposed to light the fireworks and then get away fast, rather than eating them.