You’re drunk. You pass out. You wake up with a splitting headache, and find what you drank the previous night is now all over the bed. What do you do?
If you’re one 60-year-old German man in Mülheim, you plug in a hair dryer, put it on the bed, and leave. And when you get back, your house has burned down.
A German man drank too much, wet his bed and set fire to his apartment while trying to dry his bedding, police in the western town of Muelheim said Monday.
“He was too drunk to go to the toilet,’ said a police spokesman. “The next morning he put a switched-on hairdryer on the bed to dry it and left the apartment.’ When the 60-year-old returned, his home and belongings were in flames.
Firemen eventually put out the blaze. — Reuters
The German, who was unnamed in news reports, is today’s Stupid Person of the Day.